A SCSI to SD memory card adapter to suit Apple PowerBook laptops. This board replaces the 2.5" SCSI hard drive found in Apple PowerBook laptops.
SCSI2SD emulates a SCSI-2 hard drive using a micro-SD memory card. Each SCSI2SD purchase includes a fully assembled and tested circuit board, ready for use.
A SCSI2SD purchase does NOT include the following:
- Micro-SD memory card
- SCSI cables, power cables, usb cables, or any other accessory
SCSI2SD is an open hardware and open source project. Please visit the SCSI2SD page at http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD, where you will find full schematics, PCB layouts, and software source code.
- In-built active terminator.
- Firmware updateable over USB
- Highly configurable over USB
- Selectable SCSI ID
- Selectable parity support
- Enable/disable Unit Attention Condition
- Artificial limits on the SCSI disk size (eg. limit size to 4G to avoid OS bugs)
Tested with a Apple Powerbook 520C. The SCSI connector pinout is designed to suit Powerbooks, but may work on other SCSI laptops.
Reported to work on a Thinkpad 860 running Windows NT 4.0 PowerPC. screenshot