SCSI2SD V5.1 continues the "V5" family, and is based on the same firmware and hardware as V5, but adds a full size SD card slot, and a DB25 pin header for direct installation of an external SCSI connector.
Termination is now software-controlled (using scsi2sd-util), removing the need to deal with termination resistor packs.
SCSI2SD v5.0b storage adapter
SCSI2SD emulates a SCSI-I or SCSI-2 hard drive using a micro-SD memory card. Each SCSI2SD purchase includes a fully assembled and tested circuit board, ready for use.
SCSI2SD v5 with extended Molex power whip
emulates a SCSI-I or SCSI-2 hard drive using a micro-SD memory card.
Each SCSI2SD purchase includes a fully assembled and tested circuit
board, ready for use.
SCSI2SD v5 firmware is open source.
SCSI2SD SSD - Replaces Seagate ST3550N
This V5 SCSI2SD adapter includes a microSD card configured to be an exact drop-in replacement for a Seagate ST3550N, with the same vendor, Device ID, and sector count (891,574) as the original
SCSI2SD V5 Powerbook Edition (2.5")
A SCSI to SD memory card adapter to suit Apple PowerBook laptops. This board replaces the 2.5" SCSI hard drive found in Apple PowerBook laptops.
SCSI2SD emulates a SCSI-2 hard drive using a micro-SD memory card. Each SCSI2SD purchase includes a fully assembled and tested circuit board, ready for use.
A SCSI2SD purchase does NOT include the following:
- Micro-SD memory card
- SCSI cables, power cables, usb cables, or any other accessory
SCSI2SD is an open hardware and open source project. Please visit the SCSI2SD page at http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD, where you will find full schematics, PCB layouts, and software source code.
- In-built active terminator.
- Firmware updateable over USB
- Highly configurable over USB
- Selectable SCSI ID
- Selectable parity support
- Enable/disable Unit Attention Condition
- Artificial limits on the SCSI disk size (eg. limit size to 4G to avoid OS bugs)
Tested with a Apple Powerbook 520C. The SCSI connector pinout is designed to suit Powerbooks, but may work on other SCSI laptops.
Reported to work on a Thinkpad 860 running Windows NT 4.0 PowerPC. screenshot
SCSI2SD V6 Rev. F
SCSI2SD emulator/SSD, version 6, Revision F
- Full-Size SD card slot.
- A floppy-style berg power connector is used instead of the traditional Molex plug.
- Better performance. The hardware supports synchronous transfers at 10MB/s.
- Access to the data via USB.. The SCSI2SD drives will appear when connected to a PC via USB. This is limited to around 1.2MB/s (USB FS speeds).
- Superior noise resistance to deal with poor termination and poor cabling.
- Integrated terminator, enabled via software configuration, using SCSI2SD-UTIL6